Safe Drinking Water

Children's faces are blurred to protect their identity

For those who take for granted availability of safe drinking water it will come as a surprise that only 20% of the people in Pakistan have access to safe drinking water. The remaining 80% of the population are forced to use unsafe drinking water due to the scarcity of safe and healthy drinking water sources. Unsafe drinking water can cause serious health problems, such as gastrointestinal illnesses, nervous system damage, negative reproductive effects, cancer, and other chronic diseases. 

The teachers at Brighter Tomorrow observed an increase in gastrointestinal illnesses in the children with the advent of summer. To address this situation, local volunteers and supporters were contacted who donated two water coolers/ice boxes to ensure provision of cold safe drinking water. Efforts are now being made to procure 140 water bottles @ 50 cents a bottle to ensure the children can have access to safe drinking water while they are at work.

To contribute a bottle kindly make a donation of 50 cents to us at the link given!